Sunday, January 6, 2008

Weekend Update

I had a pretty good Friday and Saturday night. I'm starting to get into the swing of things with New York, where the subway-ing and bar hopping, and the drinking wine in apartments beforehand (the 'classy' pregame), all seems natural and routine. Less and less do I have the moments where I step outside of myself and marvel how grown-up, or cool, or astonishing it is that I am in whatever situation I'm in.

Last night I had all these dreams about boys--one involved me going over to see a boy I've hooked up with a few times since I've moved to New York. We were thisclose to hooking up, when he said, "Oh by the way, here's my ex-girlfriend." Who was sitting in the closet. In the dream I felt awkward and embarrassed, since it was supposed to be my fault I didn't know she was in the closet. But then later I realized it was stupid that this boy let me in anyway, because isn't it easier to make an excuse at the door than let things progress to the bedrooom and then cut things short? Anyway I've taken it as a sign that I need to stop seeing said boy.

No comments: